The Pienkvoet-Pret workshop is a holistic and integrated method of fine and gross-motor education for babies and toddlers.
The workshops are divided into 4 age groups:
- 3 - 6 months
- 7 - 12 months
- 13 - 21 months
- 22 - 36 months
Moms (or dads!) together with their baby or toddler join a workshop weekly for 1½ hour. The curriculum is divided into the following sections and all of them are covered weekly:
- Music and movement
- Baby massage
- Sensory awareness, perceptual and intellectual activities
- Fine and gross-motor activities
- Hand craft and messy activities
- Introduction to books and the love for books
- Story time
- Free play with various educational toys (inside)
- Free play with various outdoor play structures (jungle gym, swings, etc.) as well as outdoor toys
- Social development of the babies and toddlers
Other activities include talks by professional people including a Baby Masseuse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Biokineticist, Psychologist (on afterbirth depression, fears children have, etc.), Dietician, Educational Toys Consultant and many more. We also have excursions to different places including the local zoo, and once a year we have a professional photographer for individual photo sessions of moms and babies / toddlers.
Last, but definitely not least, we believe that the socialisation of mothers (and fathers) going through the same stage of Parenthood is of utmost importance! For the purpose of these groups in English, we want to give parents from foreign countries, only "parking in Sunny South Africa, for a short period of their lives" an extra experience of our wonderful country that they hopefully will take with them!